Clinical Research and Human Research Protection Training
Clinical Research and Human Subjects Research Protection training resources.
For Institutional Administrators:
- OHRP Institutional Engagement in Human Subjects Research
This OHRP webinar explains how to determine whether an institution is considered engaged in human subjects’ research for the purpose of applying the Common Rule. (October 7, 2019)
- US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Research Integrity (ORI): Administrators and the Responsible Conduct of Research
This course is hosted by Boston College and provided by ORI to provide guidance on ethical oversight and administrative management of Conflicts of Interest, Financial Aspects (cost sharing, effort reporting, cost transfers), Mentor/Trainee responsibilities, Collaborative research, and Data management.
Investigators and Research Professionals:
- NIH Office of Clinical Research: Clinical Research Training Resources
The OCR website includes links to online trainings and courses, such as “Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research”, “Principles of Clinical Pharmacology”, “Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research” and much MORE…
- OHRP Human Research Subjects Protection Foundational Training
- OHRP Webinar: The Research Clinic (Interactive)
- OHRP Webinar: Everything Investigators Want to Know but are Afraid to Ask
- OHRP Webinar: Simplifying Informed Consent
This OHRP webinar discusses meaningful informed consent and how to present consent materials to ensure consent processes fulfil their goal of enabling participants to make an informed decision.
- OHRP Webinar: Meeting New Challenges in Informed Consent in Clinical Research
- US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Research Integrity (ORI) Basic Research Concepts
This training course is hosted by UC San Diego and provided by ORI to help promote an understanding of basic research concepts and context for new research staff.
- OHRP Webinar: Privacy & Health Research in a Data-Driven World