Fall 2020 SWOG Virtual Group Meeting
Happy Group Meeting Week!
SWOG has a new virtual meeting website where you can find everything you need for the fall meeting
A few key reminders:
- All meeting sessions are listed in Central Time
- WebEx links for all open sessions are posted on the site. Just click the link to join and enter your name, email, and password (SWOG2020)
- If you are a session speaker or panelist, you received a separate calendar invite with a special link. Please use that link to join your session. If you didn’t receive the link, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are attending a closed session, a calendar invite was emailed to you. If you did not receive the invite with call in details, please send an email to email@example.com
Wishing you a fun, productive fall meeting! We look forward to seeing you online. If you still need to register for the meeting you can do so below.
*Note: To ensure we use the most appropriate virtual platform for each session, please register for each meeting that you plan to attend. All sessions are in CST.
If you wish to add meetings to your calendar, please visit the "Schedule of Events" page. You can then create your itinerary and add to calendar. About a week prior to the meeting we will post a link here to access the virtual meeting microsite. We will also send emails to registered participants with information on accessing the site. WebEx details for all open meetings will be available on the microsite. Call-in details for closed/invitation only meetings will not be available on the site but will be emailed to participants separately.
Group Meeting Event Information
- Crush the Crab Virtual 5K: Join our virtual 5K run/walk to support the SWOG Cancer Research Network community! Sign up here: https://runsignup.com/crushthecrab2020
The Hope Foundation for Cancer Research has organized a virtual Crush the Crab event. This takes the place of our regular spring fun run, and registration is free. (Donations are welcome and directly support SWOG’s work.) Once registered, please complete your 5K within the window of September 12 through September 19 – a great warm up for the Group Meeting! And don’t forget to participate in our video Tribute, a fun and easy way to bring our community together from a distance.
Committee Support for Group Meetings: SWOG disease, research, and administrative committee chairs are provided the opportunity to request up to $15,000 annually from The Hope Foundation to support committee efforts at Group Meetings which are not currently funded by the NCTN or NCORP grants. Funds may be used for invited speakers, special A/V needs, and more.
Deadline to apply: August 26
Questions? Contact Morgan Cox at The Hope Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Membership Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting membership nominations to the Operations Office for consideration by the Board of Governors at the Fall Group Meeting is 4:00 PM Central Time Friday, August 28. Consult the Membership page for more information; for a complete outline of the nomination process, refer to Policy Memorandum No. 7.
- Exhibitors: We look forward to your participation at the Fall 2020 SWOG Virtual Group Meeting! Please view the Exhibitor Prospectus here. Questions can be directed to Morgan Cox email@example.com // (734) 998-6887.
Group Meeting Sessions
SWOG Group Chair Dr. Charles Blanke, MD will host a special one-hour plenary session on Thursday, September 24, 10:00 - 11:00 am CST, to open the virtual fall meeting.
You’ll get a list of outgoing leaders, incoming luminaries, and all the latest on recently completed and upcoming trials, programs, and projects. The live session will also include an update on our NCTN and NCORP trial accrual – which has been recovering nicely.
Nursing Research Subcommittee
The Nursing Research Subcommittee meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 23, 10:00 - 11:00 am CST. The meeting is open to Nurse Scientists interested in advancing collaborative research within the clinical trials network as principle and co-investigators and to Nurses interested in serving as Coordinators for studies involving unique/unfamiliar assessments and/or behavioral interventions. If you are interested in attending (and not on our email distribution list) please contact Jamie Myers, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Site Operations meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 23, 3:30 - 5:00 pm CST. SWOG values the research personnel who work with Investigators to “make research happen”. We all know it ‘takes a village’ to gets participants on trials and this special perspective is the focus of the Site Operations Committee Meeting. A subcommittee of the Oncology Research Professionals (ORP) Committee, this meeting covers a variety of practical and operational topics including:
- SWOG Statistical and Operations Updates
- NCI changes and new information
- SWOG Quality Assurance Topics and Questions
This meeting is open to everyone and provides an opportunity to hear updates as well as ask questions. Please join us!
NCORP Research Base Clinical Trials Workshop for NCTN and NCORP Institutions
The annual NCORP Research Base Clinical Trials Workshop is on Wednesday, September 23, 12:00 - 2:00 pm CST. Join us in our discussions about current and upcoming clinical trial updates and opportunities from the following SWOG NCORP Research Base committees plus a special presentation about SWOG disparities research. This workshop is for all Oncology Research Professionals and Investigators at both NCTN and NCORP institutions.
- Cancer Survivorship
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Prevention & Epidemiology
- Cancer Care Delivery Research
- Symptom Control and Quality of Life
Jeri and Noboru Oishi Symposium
The Jeri and Noboru Oishi Symposium will be held on Thursday, September 24, 1:00 - 2:00 pm CST. In honor of Dr. Noboru Oishi, who was a great supported of Oncology Research, the Oishi symposium focuses on key issues related to Oncology Research Professionals. The first half of the session will highlight oncology advances resulting from SWOG studies impacted by the Oncology Research Professionals. The second half will be Real Life Stories of how our sites are coping with the challenges of the COVID era.
Everyone is welcome to join!
Oncology Research Professionals Open Forum
The ORP Open Forum is set for Thursday, September 24, 2:15 - 3:15 pm CST. This forum offers a great opportunity to get answers to your clinical trial questions and to address the science and technical research issues that challenge us today! Come join one of the breakout sessions to discuss interesting topics which include:
- Session A
- Quality Assurance Audit, Regulatory Review & Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs)
- Adverse Event (AE) & Serious Adverse Event (SAE) Reporting
- Session B
- Study Participant Follow-Up Documentation
- Cancer Progress
For more information or suggestions, contact email@example.com.