Opening For Protocol Coordinator
The Hope Foundation
SWOG Cancer Research Network Operations Office
Position: Protocol Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Exempt
Location: San Antonio, TX
Compensation Package: Competitive salary, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 403b package with Employer Match.
Accountability: The Protocol Coordinator reports to the Clinical Trial Program Manager.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Norbert Strauss, email@example.com.
About The Hope Foundation:
The Hope Foundation is a nonprofit public charity, created with the mission of supporting the
research and education programs conducted by SWOG in efforts to eradicate adult cancers. The
Foundation has awarded over $20million to SWOG programs and projects, contributing to Fellowships,
Continuing Education for Physicians, Nurses and CRAs, and supplemented clinical trials funded
through the National Cancer Institute. For more information, please visit our websites:
http://www.thehopefoundation.org or http://www.swog.org
- Serve as back-up to Protocol Assistant (PA).
- Triage questions received via department phone line and email address.
- Perform all duties necessary to set up conference calls. This may involve polling for availability, understanding the purpose of and required attendees for standard development or other recurring calls, following up with invitees, and maintaining distribution lists for recurring calls.
- Review and update Trial Summary Reports (TSRs) to be uploaded to clinicaltrials.gov received from the Clinical Trials Reporting Office for protocol revisions and perform other clinicaltrials.gov maintenance duties as assigned.
- Prepare the SWOG semi-monthly update distributions (“mail-out”) and distribute items to the appropriate protocol stakeholders (“cc lists”).
- Maintain the departmental master list of pharmaceutical and other collaborator/stakeholder contacts.
- Review CTSU website to ensure all SWOG documents are posted correctly.
- Review bi-monthly CTSU broadcasts and notify relevant Protocol Coordinator(s) of changes affecting committees’ studies.
- Perform duties related to intergroup trial participation, including writing and submitting Study Champion letters, maintenance of SWOG website and database in relation to intergroup studies, and tracking intergroup participation, across committees.
- Compose necessary memoranda for protocols and revisions. Prepare minor protocol revisions as assigned.
- Incorporate review comments into protocols and other documents.
- Complete CIRB applications, including tracking deadlines, gathering information, and completing and submitting forms for initial, revision, and continuing reviews.
- Collect, create and/or edit Microsoft PowerPoint slides for various meetings, as assigned.
- Track responses to requests for site acknowledgement of revisions and follow up with non- responders as needed.
- Participate in projects related to training for the Protocol Project Manager position, as appropriate.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Clinical Trials Program Managers.
- The required educational background for the Protocol Coordinator is a Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Administrative experience in an office environment
- Experience with composition and word processing
- Editing skills, including excellent spelling, and grammar.
- Self-directed, with proven ability to perform duties and set priorities with minimal supervision
- Professional and courteous communication skills – verbal and written
- Team-oriented attitude
- As deemed necessary, meetings, conference calls or other PC responsibilities may be required outside of normal working hours
- Proficient with Microsoft SharePoint, OneNote, and/or Planner
- Familiar with medical terminology and research
- Typing > 60 wpm