New sites, new PIs
Tulane University is now a Minority-Based CCOP (MB-CCOP) member of SWOG.
The PI is Hana F. Safah, M.D., and Head CRA is Aniko S. Vigh, M.D., M.Ph. The Veterans Affairs Medical Center of New Orleans and the Hematology/Oncology Clinic of Baton Rouge, LA, have become network components of the new Tulane MB-CCOP.
The Columbus CCOP welcomes several new network component sites:
- Columbus Oncology & Hematology Associates, Inc., Columbus, OH
- Delaware Health Center -- Grady Cancer Center, Delaware, OH
- Strecker Cancer Center-Belpre, Belpre, OH
The Montana CCOP also welcomes new network component sites:
- Kootenai Medical Center, Coeur d'Alene, ID
- Kootenai Cancer Center, Post Falls, ID
Network components for affiliate member Baptist Health Lexington, 11292:
- Baptist Health Corbin, Corbin, KY
- Baptist Health Madisonville, Madisonville, KY
The Beaumont Hospital, Troy Campus, in Troy, MI, joins as a new network component with the Beaumont CCOP, and Compass Oncology in Vancouver, WA, has signed on as a network component for Western Oncology CCOP.
SWOG member UC Davis welcomes AIS Cancer Center at San Joaquin Community Hospital of Bakersfield, CA, as a new component institution, and UC Irvine welcomes UC Irvine Health Pacific Breast Care Center in Costa Mesa, CA.
Three member sites have new principal investigators (PIs):
- At St. Louis University, Paul J. Petruska, M.D., has stepped down in favor of Dong Xiang, M.D.
- The PI role at the National Cancer Center, Korea, has moved from Jungsil Ro, M.D., Ph.D., to Ji-Youn Han, M.D.
- John A. Keech, Jr., D.O., is new PI for the Northwest CCOP, taking over the role from Yoshio Inoue, M.D.
The Breslin Cancer Center in Lansing, MI, and its network component site at Michigan State University will now be one institution under the name Michigan State University. PI and Head CRA will remain Anas Al-Janadi, M.D., and Karen L. Baker, R.N., O.C.N.
Central DuPage Hospital, Warrenville, IL, has moved from a role as a network component site for the Cleveland Clinic to SWOG's Affiliate Program, still associated with the Cleveland Clinic.
Delnor-Community Hospital, Geneva, IL, has transferred its network component affiliation from the Cleveland Clinic to Central DuPage Hospital.
Christus St. Frances Cabrini Hospital in Alexandria, LA, formerly with the LSU Shreveport MB-CCOP, has transferred to become a network component site within the new Tulane University MB-CCOP.
Institution name change
In a name change, New Mexico Cancer Care Associates -- a network component for the New Mexico MBCCOP -- has been renamed the Christus St. Vincent Regional Cancer Center.